Duncan/Mayco Premium Liquid Gold Metallics
1. Opaque overglaze have the brilliance of 22-karat yellow gold or white gold.
2. Their appearance is determined by the glaze the metallic is applied over (on a gloss glaze, the metallic will be shiny; on a matte glaze, the metallic will be dull).
3. Metallic overglazes are normally applied over a fired glaze but can also be applied to high-fired porcelain bisque or stoneware.
Metallic Overglaze Application
1. Apply an overglaze compatible glaze to cone 04 bisque.
2. Fire to cone 06.
3. Do not stir or shake overglaze.
4. Place a small amount of overglaze on a glazed palette;
apply one smooth coat.
5. Try to attain an even tint:
a. Premium Gold tint should be red in color.
b. Bright Gold tint should be brown in color.
c. White gold tint should be green in color.
6. Do not let metallics pool in an area; brush them out smoothly.
7. Clean brush in Essence and let dry.
1. Overglazes dry in about one hour but overglazed ware can be fired
while still wet. The kiln must be clean, well-ventilated (do not
overload) and follow a normal firing schedule.
2. Overglazed items should be stilted for firing:
a. Fire metallics to witness cone 019-018.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Silica, crystalline (airborne particles of respirable size), which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.