CR800-4 Clear Crackle
Formulated to create cracks similar to crazing, Crackles Glazes result in a unique antique look. To highlight the cracks created in the firing, antique the piece with ink or acrylic paint. Crackles Glazes are available in Low Fire and High Fire Applications.
How to use Crackles? Glazes
1. Apply 2 coats of Crackles Glaze to cone 04 bisque and dryfoot (omit glaze from bottom of piece).
2. For Low Fire, fire to shelf cone 06.
3. Crackle pattern will appear as the kiln cools and continue long after the piece has been fired and removed from the kiln.
Tips & Techniques
1. To enhance the crackle pattern, put India ink or acrylic paint onto ware and wipe back with a soft cloth.
2. CR 823 Celadon Crackle is not overglaze compatible.