Cover-Coat® Opaque Underglazes
If you love layers, coat your pieces with Cover-Coat® Opaque Underglazes! Applied directly to greenware, these underglazes provide solid coverage over even the darkest colors, and are perfect for airbrushing and brushwork.
Cover-Coats® fire to an opaque, porous matte finish and are safe for food when a Duncan food-safe clear glaze is applied over them. For custom colors, tint them with other Cover-Coat® Underglazes or E-Z Stroke™ Translucent Underglazes.
How to use Cover-Coat® Opaque Underglazes
1. Apply 3 coats to greenware,
2. Fire to shelf cone 04 to permanently adhere Cover-Coats to ware.
3. Apply clear glaze if desired and fire to shelf cone 06.
4. Clean up with water.
Tips & Techniques
1. Cover-Coats may be tinted using E-Z StrokesTM or other Cover-Coats, to create unique custom colors.
2. To create carved designs, sgraffito (gently scratch through the applied color to reveal the color or the clay body beneath it).
3. Painting with Cover-Coats is similar to painting with acrylic paints and is a great fired alternative for a tole and decorative painter. Colors are opaque and generally one color covers the one beneath it. They must be fired to ensure maturation and stability. Clear glazes over all shows the truest colors.
4. Cover-Coats are perfect for airbrushing and brushwork.
5. Cover-Coats are great for layering because they dry quickly and can be painted over without lifting the colors underneath.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Silica, crystalline (airborne particles of respirable size), which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.